Where there's a will, there's a way! Especially for women! Women, you know that once we put our mind to something, we DO IT! This is why we simply don't have any excuses when it comes to exercising! NONE! But incase you are still holding on to a few, let's dispute them, shall we?
- I can't exercise in the morning. Fine. Exercise during your lunch break or in the evening after work. (Or when the kids are napping if you are a stay-at-home Mom or when you are with them at the park, you can exercise.)
- I want to exercise in the morning but it's so difficult to get up early. Set your alarm clock for the earlier time and move it AWAY - far away, as long as you can still hear it - from your bed so you have to GET UP to turn it off. Or, ask a friend who is already up early to give you a wake up call. Or, ask a friend to ask you every day, 'So, how was your work out this morning?' Better yet, ask your children to ask you that question! They'll love it!
- I'm too tired or too busy to exercise after work but I can't at lunch or in the mornings before work. THEN exercising after work is your only other option so you must make it work!! Keep your exercise clothes at work and change before you leave. Or, keep them in the car. Keep healthy snacks at your desk and/or in your car to snack on something before you get to the gym or your destination so you don't give in to being hungry and claim you can't work out on an empty stomach. Don't over do it. Start with 30 minutes. If you must go home first or pick up children or drop children off, etc. make use of your surroundings: walk or run around the gym or park as you wait for your children. Walk down each grocery store aisle even if you don't need something in every aisle. Stand while you wait, don't sit around, as standing burns more calories. Put an exercise videotape in while cooking dinner and do whatever you can while you're cooking. DO NOT TURN THE TELEVISION ON WHEN YOU GET HOME for any other reason than an exercise video.
- I hate the gym. Fine. Don't go. Walk. Run. Jump rope. Get exercise videos. Try Curves. DO SOMETHING!
- I hate exercising! Make it fun. Play tennis. Play with your children. Go swimming. Skip. Jog. Make it fun, just move that body!