Monday, May 26, 2008

Evening Eating

One of - and there are several - but, one of my challenges when it comes to eating healthy is evening eating! Between working late, and evening commitments with family and others, it is often difficult to eat a healthy dinner. Here are a few strategies that help me:

1. Keep healthy snacks in the car. I wish I did this all of the time...Whenever I do it's very helpful because when I start grabbing I need to at least grab on the right thing! And keeping healthy snacks in the car helps me to purchase gas only at the gas station, not that little treat that I don't need......Yeah...I've got to get back to this strategy.....

2. Keep healthy snacks at home!...same as above...When I start grabbing, I need to be able to grab the right thing!

3. Eat dinner as soon I as feel hungry. I get into trouble when I say, "I'll eat after the meeting"; or, "I'll eat after his practice." The longer I wait to eat a healthy meal, the more time I have to snack. And healthy snacks or not, a fulfilling meal is better than a bunch of snacks any day.


What are some of your strategies for evening eating? Do share!

1 comment:

OneVoice said...

Hi Dale,
Great blog, and great advice! Keep up the good work. I'll be sure to share it with others.


melva