Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What Have you Done for You Lately?

Ever notice how men almost never have a problem making sure their needs are met? This is not male bashing as I don't believe in that. I love my husband of 21 years dearly, just as I loved my father before he went to be with the Lord, and other males that have had an influence on my life. But, I think, as women we can learn something if we observe how most men seem not to have a challenge making sure their needs are met. It is not difficult for them to put their needs first. Yet with us it often takes us getting old and bitter before we finally decide ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I know ...I know....this is just how God made us, right?.....If we weren't the nurturing, caring, give-all-I-got-and-then-some women that we were where would this world be...?..Right?...Hmmm...Where would this world be?....Hmmm.....sounds a little prideful to me.....Hmmm..

Maybe some of us need to stop thinking 'My way is the best way'.
Maybe some of us need to stop doing everything for our children and let them learn how to do things for themselves when age appropriate.
Maybe some of us need to call out sick just one day from our jobs and see if things don't get along just fine without us.
Maybe some of us need to accept the gift of life that God has given us and enjoy it while we can while still serving Him by serving others.

It's O.K. if our sister wants to take us to dinner on a NIGHT WHEN WE FINALLY DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO! ISN'T IT?!

It's O.K. for our son to SPEND HIS OWN MONEY TO TAKE HIS WONDERFUL MOMMY TO THE MOVIES!! ISN'T IT?!

We must take the time to receive what we need to be all God has called us to be, i.e. rest, peace, fun, laughter, his presence.

....."Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest......These things have I spoken to you, that my joy might remain in you and your joy might be full" (Matthew 11:28, John 15:11)

YES!....I'M TALKING TO ME!!!! BUT I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!!!

No comments: