Thursday, June 5, 2008

When Do We Choose the Good Part?

"But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her......"Do we choose to spend the precious 24 hours that we get each day distracted with our priorities out of sync, or at some point during our day do we realize the importance of spending time in God's presence and in his word? I must concur with David who said, "Early will I seek you....." I have learned how valuable it is to seek the Lord early in the morning! (NOTE: I said I have learned....It didn't happen over night.) Does this time change my circumstances for the day? No. If I'm broke (financially) when I start, I'm broke when I'm finished. But my perception and outlook is re-focused. Does it mean I'll have absolutely no problems during that day. No. But I stand a much better chance of any problem not overtaking me. Does it mean I won't make any mistakes that day. No. But I'm more likely to ask for forgiveness quicker and forgive myself even quicker.

It's all about choice - and sacrifice.

We make choices every day. And, usually if something is really worth it, it requires a sacrifice. Yes, you might have to get up earlier than you normally would...or watch one less television show than you usually do....or talk to one less person on the telephone each day. But, whatever the sacrifice, I'm a witness that it will be worth it.

When in your day do you choose the good part?


Do share.

No comments: