Friday, January 29, 2010

IT'S ON NOW!

I just registered for the L.A. Marathon! IT’S ON NOW!! I am so excited! My adrenaline starts pumping at just the thought of the experience! My training has been going well. I am on target and right where I wanted to be with seven weeks to go. I am so looking forward to this event! It’s a new route this year AND the date has been moved to the week of my birthday! So-o-o this is my birthday present to myself! Cool, huh?! So, what physical activity gets your adrenaline pumping?!! Maybe you look forward to a brisk walk!…or several laps in the pool……or an exciting game of tennis……or a challenging aerobics class……or a vibrant hike……or a fun bicycle ride. Physicians at the Mayo Clinic say, “At least 30 minutes of daily aerobic activity, such as walking, bicycling, or swimming, can help you live longer and healthier…aerobic exercise affects your heart, lungs, and blood flow…..Aerobic activity can help you: 1. Keep excess pounds at bay. 2. Increase your stamina. 3. Ward off viral illnesses. 4. Reduce health risks including obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke and certain types of cancer. 5. Manage chronic conditions. 6. Strengthen your heart. 7. Keep your arteries clear. 8. Boost your mind. 9. Stay active and independent, as you get older. 10. Live longer. People who participate in regular aerobic exercise appear to live longer than those who don’t exercise regularly. …..” Thirty minutes a day! That’s it! But then, you knew that already didn’t you? You are worth 30 minutes a day, aren’t you? Or, are those household chores more important?….or the PTA meeting…..or the event at church….or the family gathering…….or the hair and nail shop appointment…….or the new movie that’s out……….or overtime at work……..or the feel of the crisp, clean linen on your bed……or shopping at the mall… or hanging out with the fellas……Hmmm…….As always, the choice is ours! “I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live.” Deut 30:19. (And you thought this was just all about you.)

See you at the finish line! I solicit your prayers!

No comments: