Any of these statements sound familiar?:
* As soon as the 4th of July is over I'm going on a diet.
* As soon as Labor day is over, just in time for Fall,..that's the perfect time to go on a diet...that is exactly what I'm going to do.
* Right after Halloween I'm going to lose this weight!
* After Thanksgiving and Christmas, right after New Years, I'm going on a diet and FINALLY lose this weight!
* One more Valentine's chocolate and then I'm going on a diet.
* This is it!..the last Easter egg then I'm going to lose this weight!
* Memorial Day! ....as soon as the family reunion is over I'm going back to Weight Watchers!
* Fourth of July again?! Time goes so fast! I'm finally going to go on a diet as soon as I finish these barbecue ribs!
TIME'S UP! To everything there is a season and the season of excuses with regard to losing weight and being healthy is over! Aren't you tired of making excuses?! I thought so! You know that a dieting mentality will not usher you into a lifestyle of health and wellness; but making different choices, daily, as a lifestyle will. You know that depriving yourself of all of your favorite foods isn't the answer to losing weight and keeping it off; but exercising moderation and eating small portions consistently will keep those unwanted pounds under control. You know that being sedentary doesn't offer any benefits AT ALL; but exercising strenuously for just thirty minutes per day can do wonders for your body, soul, and mind.
"To everything there is a season."* This is the season where you take control. No more waiting for the next holiday. No more waiting for your friend to go to the gym with you. No more waiting for the kids to grow up. No more being embarrassed because you're the only one that says 'No thank you' to a second dessert. This is the season when you decide that you are worth keeping a daily food journal. You are worth a brisk 30 minute walk every day. You are worth 6-8 hours of sleep every night. You are worth trying a new vegetable or new fruit every month. You are worth totally 'blowing it' some days but getting right back on track the very next day! You are worth the struggles that being healthy and fit often bring, and you will overcome them and learn from your mistakes so that you can enjoy a lifestyle of health and wellness.
This is a new season of your life! Welcome!